Monday, August 16, 2010

The Joy Formidable @ Media Club, Vancouver, August 15, 2010

Yet another Woxy find.  Their EP 'A Balloon Called Moaning' was one of my favourite albums of 2009.  I scheduled a work trip to Toronto in May around seeing Frightened Rabbit and when The Joy Formidable announced a show on the same day, it was not an easy decision to stick with the Frightened Rabbit show (they were awesome though).  So when the Media Club show was announced as part of a short Western set of dates for the band, I started counting down the days.  And damn, they were really, really good.  I spoke with Ritzy, the lead singer, before the show and she was lovely.  I'm pretty sure they'll play Vancouver again but it'll be at one of the bigger venues in town.  This is definitely a band on the rise and they absolutely deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment