Saturday, September 11, 2010

The National @ Malkin Bowl, Vancouver, September 9 & 10, 2010




I've loved The National from the first moment I heard them.  They are a band who makes my life better.  I've seen them live 6 times now and despite high expectations, I'm always blown away by how good they are.  The Malkin Bowl shows were the first time I'd seen a band back to back at the same venue.  The Friday show was announced and so I got a ticket and when the Thursday show was announced, I wondered if I was being greedy or wasting my money.  I wasn't and after seeing them Thursday and Friday, I would have bought a ticket to the Saturday show if they'd been playing.  The band was funny and charming and seemed genuinely grateful to be playing a pretty big venue (i'd guess about 2000).  They played almost all of my favourite songs and the rain held off and basically, both shows were pretty much perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment