Monday, April 11, 2011

The Naked and Famous @ Commodore Ballroom, April 10, 2011


Whenever I get asked what kind of music I like, I'm always half-tempted to answer 'bands you've never heard of'.  It's not always the case, but generally the majority of the bands I like don't ever become popular enough that non-music fans (ie the general population) will have heard of them.  I'm fine with that and considering how atrocious most popular music is, not at all surprised either.  When it does happen, I'm thrilled for the band but there is a part of me that hopes they don't get too big because i prefer seeing bands in smaller venues.  Judging from the reaction of the crowd to The Naked and Famous, they're on their way to popular success.  I even heard a song of theirs play in a pub in Vancouver recently, apparently because they've had a song on 'Gossip Girl'.  I'm not that surprised though, their album is terrific and was one of my top 10 of 2010.  They're very good live and sound great.  Good for them and I'll be watching, maybe from the sidelines, depending on where they play next time they're in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment