Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dean Wareham Plays Galaxie 500 @ Biltmore Cabaret, Vancouver, November 15, 2010

I first heard 'Tiger Lily' by Luna on CFNY about a month before I left for a backpacking trip around Europe.  I've been a fan of Dean Wareham ever since.  Luna are still my favourite band and it was through Luna that I discovered his previous band Galaxie 500.  Luna sadly broke up in 2005 and I'm still kicking myself for not going to their farewell shows in New York (I did see them in Bilbao and London on their final 'European' tour).  Fortunately Dean Wareham is still playing music (if not writing songs).  I've seen Dean & Britta twice in Vancouver and was thrilled that he made a stop in Vancouver for his shows playing Galaxie 500 songs.  I love him and the show, even if it was a late one on a Monday night, was a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment