Thursday, November 10, 2011

Elliott Brood @ Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, November 9, 2011


I'll be quite honest, I'm not really a fan of alt-country (or country for that matter) but a good band is a good band.  Yes, most of the music I consume is digital but live music is where it counts.  It's where I fall in love (or out of love) with bands.  Elliott Brood made me a lifelong fan when they handed out pots and pans and other assorted noisemakers during 'Write It All Down For You' at Richard's on Richards's a few years ago.  I'll never forget it and given the opportunity, I will see them whenever I can.  On this night at the Commodore Ballroom they did not disappoint.  The band were thrilled to be playing the venue and it showed, they couldn't stop smiling.  The capacity crowd were having a great time as well and I don't think I've felt the dance floor bounce as much as it did on the night.  Such a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment