Monday, June 14, 2010

Phantogram @ Malkin Bowl, Vancouver, June 13, 2010

Phantogram opened up for Metric for 2 nights at Malkin Bowl.  I saw Metric at the Vogue in December 2007 (with Tokyo Police Club, The Dears and Sebastian Granger), I think it was about 4C inside and I was frozen.  Emily Haines was wearing a silver dress - her standard stage costume (!) - and I felt sorry for her, I can't imagine how cold she must have been even with the heat from the lights.  I liked Metric then.  Fantasies is a pretty great album and so I also saw them at the Orpheum in November 2009 but it's a big jump from one night at the Orpheum to two nights at Malkin Bowl, but I guess that's what having a song on the Twilight soundtrack will do for your concert sales.  I wasn't too impressed with Metric on the night ... no emotion ... but I liked Phantogram.  Eyelid Movies is a great album.

No comments:

Post a Comment