Saturday, June 26, 2010

Buck 65 @ Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, June 25, 2010

I get that describing music is a skill that I do not possess.  There's generally only two types of music for me - good and bad.  I also can't tell you why I like something and why I don't like something.  One thing I'm pretty confident about though, is that Buck 65 is not a jazz artist.  What the hell he was doing playing the Commodore as part of the Jazz Festival I have no idea.  I won't complain though, because Buck 65 is an absolute treat to watch live and one should never pass up the opportunity when it presents itself.  He played 'Blood of a Young Wolf' which is one of my favourite songs of all time.  The first time I saw him was when I was in Dublin for the weekend in October 2005.  It was my first non-smoking gig, so I remember it fondly.  Buck is also a big baseball fan so I'd like to think that under different circumstances we could be friends.  Yeah yeah, just humour me.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment