Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sleepy Vikings @ The New Granada Showcase, The Ghost Room, SXSW, March 19, 2011


 
I was pretty excited to go to SXSW and it exceeded my expectations.  It's not a cheap holiday but for a music fan, there's no better way than to spend a week.  I didn't get to see every band on my list but the bands I did get to see were all great and I came away from the experience loving live music even more.  I don't think I could have planned it any better as well because the last band I saw at the festival was also my favourite band that was playing, Sleepy Vikings.   They were on fine form for their official showcase and sounded terrific.  I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but after getting to see them 4 times in a week, I'm an even bigger fan now.

No comments:

Post a Comment