Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ohnomoon @ The Delancey, CMJ, October 18, 2011


CMJ announced the full list of bands playing about a month or so before the festival, which didn't give much time to check them out and discover some new ones.  It's also incredibly frustrating going through a list of bands and trying to find a sample of them music.  You can only be so patient and so I definitely didn't give bands alot of time to impress me, but the one band that did after I'd gone through about 40 bands one night was ohnomoon.  I found out about a week later that their bassist, Raymond, had recently died but fortunately they'd decided to carry on as a band.  I was very impressed with their set.  They've only been a band for 10 months and their bassist on the night had only had a couple of practices but I couldn't tell ... they sounded great and I hope big things are on the horizon for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment