Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Portishead @ PNE Forum, Vancouver, October 24, 2011


 
I've always just liked Portishead.  They were never a life-changing band for me, they just had a few songs over the years that I quite enjoyed.  Despite the cost and atrocious venue, I suppose I bought the ticket because even after all this time (17 years?! eeks ...) they still held my interest.  Sour Times sounds just as good today as it did when I first heard it in 1994.  And well, live, they really are very good.  I mean good enough that I enjoyed myself despite the awfulness of the venue.  It must be magical to see them in a concert hall or somewhere that didn't used to be a barn.  Maybe I've been missing out on not listening to them that much, I'm just glad I took the opportunity to see them live, they were definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment