Thursday, October 20, 2011

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Ace Hotel, CMJ, October 19, 2011



I bought the first Clap Your Hands Say Yeah album at Amoeba Records in San Francisco on my way to Vancouver.  I can't remember why since I was travelling at the time and hadn't actually heard it but I'd been reading about it and took a chance that it might be good.  I fell in love with it.  It was the soundtrack to my first few months living in Vancouver.  I really liked their second album and think the third is fantastic as well.  Sadly they only played Vancouver once before I moved here (with The National in a tiny venue) so when they announced the Ace Hotel show as part of the KEXP sessions they instantly became a must see.  They didn't disappoint.  They were outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment