Thursday, October 20, 2011

k.flay @ Tammany Hall, CMJ, October 19, 2011



There are about 2000 bands that played SXSW this year, so even if I tried, I wouldn't have been able to come close to seeing anywhere close to more than 5% of the bands (and I didn't really try).  Given that, it's inevitable that bands will be discovered in the weeks and months (and sometimes years) following the festival.  I think I discovered k.flay about a week after I got home and that well, frankly hurt.  To add insult to injury, I found out she'd already played Vancouver (in October 2010) so when she was announced for a one-off show in New York during CMJ, I wasn't going to miss out.  Accompanied by her macbook and a drummer, her live show was very entertaining, although hard to take photos as I don't think she stood still the entire set.

No comments:

Post a Comment