Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Lighthouse & The Whaler, The Living Room, CMJ, October 21, 2011


I can't remember where but I stumbled across The Lighthouse & The Whaler earlier this year and fell instantly in love with their debut album, not realising that it was almost 2 years old.  I was really pleased when they were announced for CMJ and they became a must see.  To say I came away impressed, is an understatement ... I came away thinking that they should be huge.  That whatever it is that a band has that makes them great live, these guys have it.  They didn't play any songs I knew (!) and played songs from their new album (which from the preview will probably be a 2012 favourite) and just basically blew me away.  One of my favourite sets of CMJ and a highlight of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment