Saturday, October 9, 2010

Frightened Rabbit @ The Vogue Theatre, Vancouver, October 8, 2010

I finally saw Frightened Rabbit live at the Media Club in October 2008, having been a fan for almost a year and their set was too short (they were the support) but was absolutely wonderful.  Midnight Organ Fight was my favourite album of 2008.  I made the decision to go to Monolith in 2009 mostly because of the opportunity to see them and on the stage at Red Rocks, they were fantastic.  The Winter of Mixed Drinks will be one of my favourite albums of 2010 and I've been able to see them 3 times touring it - also at the Opera House in Toronto (work trips, yay!) and at the Biltmore Cabaret in May.  I think the Vogue show has been my favourite so far.  I was right by the stage with a great view but what made it really special was to be among a decent sized crowd of fans ... it's great to see a band that I adore finally get some recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment