Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mumford & Sons @ The Vogue Theatre, Vancouver, October 23, 2010

In late 2008, Woxy started playing Mumford & Sons.  I fell in love at first listen.  I remember being hugely disappointed that they had to cancel a SXSW Lounge Act on the station but they recorded a live session for Drunk Country a few months later which made up for it.  When their album finally came out, it didn't live up to my expectations but I still really liked it and was rather excited when I eventually got a chance to see them live at Sasquatch (about a year and a half later).  They were very good and were, to my surprise, very popular.  Apparently over 500 tickets were sold in the first 5 minutes of them going on sale at the Vogue.  The Vogue was completely sold out for the show and it seemed like most people attending had undergone some sort of weird conversion to the cult of Mumford & Sons.  I almost expected to see Beatles-esque fainting in the aisles, such was the passion? enthusiasm? of the crowd.  To their credit, though, the band were absolutely lovely and seemed genuinely amazed at the reception they received.  They put on a terrific show and I came away a bigger fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment