Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Braids @ Biltmore Cabaret, Vancouver, March 28, 2011


Whenever I don't like a band, I start to question myself why that is.  I guess it's never really just one thing you can put your finger on.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I have a huge respect for anyone willing to get up on stage and perform.  Musical talent aside, I'm not sure I could do it.  So Braids, who sounded great and who I was quite excited to see, just didn't grab me.  I mean sure, there was adversity ... voices were being strained and maybe pedals weren't working, but it didn't elicit sympathy, it annoyed me.  Maybe if they looked like they were excited to be there ... who knows.  The drummer, however, was the highlight for me so maybe I'll give them another chance.  Maybe they just had an off night.

No comments:

Post a Comment