Monday, March 28, 2011

Wye Oak @ Media Club, Vancouver, March 27, 2011


 

I actually bought the ticket for Telekinesis.  And then Wye Oak was announced as the support and it was around the time that I first heard of them and I listened to 'Please Concrete' and loved it and was quite excited to see them.  'Civilian', Wye Oak's new album came about and I liked it but I wasn't blown away.  The show was on a Sunday night amid a run of 5 gigs in 5 nights and so I started thinking an early(ish) night might be a good idea and could I live with only seeing Wye Oak.  I could.  They were amazing.  I mean really 'why haven't I seen this band before' and 'why aren't they huge' amazing.  I loved every minute.  They didn't play 'Please Concrete' but it didn't matter (not really).  There's just two of them - Jenn singing and playing guitar and Andy playing drums with one hand and keys with the other (can't be that hard, right?) but they're loud and lovely and I really can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment