Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pete & The Pirates, Dot Com Day Stage, ACC, SXSW, March 19, 2011



Another Woxy discovery,  Pete & The Pirates were the first band up for me on Saturday.  Playing the same stage as Still Corners had earlier in the week at the Convention Center.  I'd first heard of the band when they did a session for Woxy during SXSW in 2009 and became a fan straight away.  Their first album is wonderful and unfortunately they didn't tour (at least not properly) in North America behind it.  I hadn't heard anything about them for a while but was quite pleased to see them on the list for 2011 and the news of a new album.  Although they didn't play either of my favourite songs - 'Jennifer' and 'Blood Gets Thin', I still really enjoyed their set.  Their songs are very catchy and they're so wonderfully English that I couldn't help but like them.  I'd love to get a chance to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment