Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sharon Van Etten @ Media Club, Vancouver, March 29, 2011

 

I'd been hearing about Sharon Van Etten for a while, but when I listened to her EP, it didn't grab me so I gave her a miss when she was in town opening up for Junip.  But then I heard her sing an REM cover and her show was announced for Vancouver and well, sometimes, the timing has to be right.  And wow, thank goodness it was.  She was awesome.  Bands either have it or bands don't.  I've been to shows where bands talk all the time and I've thought 'shut up and play'.  Not Sharon Van Etten. She talked and was funny and witty and self-deprecating.  She played an absolutely wonderful set of music and basically made me regret not seeing her in November but also made me glad that I finally came to my senses and got to see her play (hopefully) the first of many shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment